The European Committee invites everyone to continue the discussion about the formation of a European ACA Region.
Second European Region Teleconference (EC TC)
Thursday February 18, 2021
Time: 19:00 CET
The meeting is hosted via Zoom:
A. Call to Order
Please be sure that any background noises in your area are eliminated since the sounds make it difficult for participants to hear. When speaking, please say your name first, and country. This will help us record your name with your input. Thank you.
A Open with the Serenity Prayer (in plural):
God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change The courage to change the things we can, And the wisdom to know the difference
B Tradition of the Month (have BRB or website open):
For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as expressed in our group conscience. Our leaders are but trusted servants, they do not govern.
C. Introduction of EC Committee members, Country Representatives and other Participants
Please state your name, your role locally, and in your country (go alphabetically):
D. Agenda – Motion to approve the agenda.
Are there any urgent items that need to be prioritized?
E. European Region so far – Summary of what an ACA Region is and why we need it?
- Discussion at the European event in September with Carol, Jim B, Fredrik and Hasse.
- November Region European teleconference with country representatives and Charlie H.
F. European Region, topics for possible first steps (discussion and Q&A):
- What information and materials could we provide for the European intergroups to start discussion in the individual countries?
- Should the formation of a European Region be a steady item at the EC teleconferences to receive feedback from intergroups and keep the process in motion?
- Could this meeting form a European Region Committee of representatives from European groups and intergroups to lead this process? Perhaps a call for volunteers among participants today …
H. Suggestions for the agenda at the next EC Regions meeting:
You can also write to ACA EC in advance of the next EC Regions meeting to have an item added to the agenda. The(se) item(s) will appear here:
Are there any ACA-related announcements, such as events?
The next EC ACA Regions Meeting is scheduled for …
J. Motion to close the meeting?
Close with ACA Serenity Prayer in which form and language you prefer:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change The courage to change the one I can And the wisdom to know that one is me
(From Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Families (BRB), Chapter 14)